Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Smell The Irony

Life is an irony sometimes.

Where I was deeply moved by a cover made by one of my favourite artist Joanna Wang on a great oldy song translated as "Lifetime Waiting" (not very good translation, but Chinese words are too unique), I was thinking about how great will this song be if I could dedicate this to my future beloved husband/ bf.

As I was repeating this some this morning, I went to 'update' myself on one of my close friend's blog, I read about her lost of her grandmother. How irony, that the song actually fits that situation?!

I can't help it by reminding myself of my big aunt's death recently. She has been a lovely women her whole life and had acted as a mother-figure to my mom, since the death of my grandmother. My mom was really closed to her. She died because of illness, but one can't not pity how she went ill. It was a great tragic that she just had a minor fall from home bathroom and led to the discovery of some bone cancer. She was a vegetarian during her late life, which might help explaining perhaps why her bones are not strong. She suffered so much during the last months. What's glad about it is how her husband, my uncle went as high as the mountain, as deep as the sea (what chinese says 上山下海) to find the best medicine and best doctor to treat her. He himself was old too, in fact older than my aunt. Cut the long story short, she passed away few weeks ago.

When I knew about that news, I was so busy here in life that I didn't have a fair time to moan about her death. I prayed, and I just moved on. Smell the irony? How life can be so not right sometimes that could actually lead to a different outcome?


ps: Although the sun is up high and shiny today, my heart just feel so gloomy....

No comments:

Post a Comment